When ever we talk about SEO, we divide it into on site and off site SEO. Off site SEO mainly contains backlinks and social signals. Specially, to boost your ranking in SERP’s you need to get quality links from other authority sites.
We all know the importance of search engine traffic and that getting high quality backlinks to your blog is one of the best ways to improve your blogs rankings and get better search engine traffic and results.
So you are here because you need to know the ways to build backlinks to your awesome blog. I think I need not to stress how important backlinks are for a blog. But still…
As you might know that links are the only way in which search engines can crawl the entire web. So it’s important to have blogs that point to your blog via backlinks.
Backlinks are nothing but links from other blogs in your niche pointing to your blog with some relevant anchor text. The more backlinks mean, you have better ranking and search traffic. Therefore, it is important to build backlinks to get credibility and rankings in your niche.
Though before we move ahead, here are things that you need to keep in mind. In 2012, Google launched Penguin update, which is targeted to get rid of sites using spammy or paid ways to build links. Also, many ways which I mentioned in the article are not so good ways to get quality backlinks, so I will strikethrough such ways and you can ignore them.
Also, when you are building backlinks, you need to keep quality of links and anchor text variation in your mind. Also, instead of creating lots of backlinks to your homepage only, start working on building links to internal pages. You can start working on resource pages like “WordPress guide” and build links to them. This way, you can also target Single or double word Keywords easily.
Avoid buying exact anchor text link (Keep a proportion of 40%-20%–20%-10%-10% for anchor text variation)
Avoid buying bulk links from sites like Fiverr
Don’t opt for link networks (Build my rank was one of such private link network, which got penalized)
Avoid BlogRoll links Article directory links are not that effective anymore
So, these are something which you should keep in mind when starting with quality backlink building campaign. Out of all the existing method, guest posting is the best way to get quality link and more over, it will help you to drive traffic to your web page.
You also like this:-How To Set Up Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin
2. Comment on do follow blogs and make sure these blogs are relevant to your own blogs. They might not carry too-much of link value, but it will still be beneficial for overall link-profile of your blog.
3. Build quality content, remember content is king.
4. Create evergreen content.
5. Never include date-based parameters in your permalink.
6. Come up top on Search Engines targeting long tail keywords initially, so that other bloggers easily link to you.
7. Do not neglect image backlinks. Google also takes account of image backlinks.
8. Use related posts exchange plug- ins like Zemanta.
9. Broken Link Building
10.Start Relevant Threads in Forums and Link to Your Blog Posts
11. Link to Your Blog in Your Forum Signatures (Only high quality forums)
12. Social bookmarking is also considered as backlinks and you should target following network: Google plus, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest to name a few.
13. Make Use of Discussion Boards by Linking to Your Blog in threads. Quora is one such HQ discussion board.
14. Make Use of Blogging Communities by Submitting Your Blog Posts to Them, some great places to start are Blog
15. Ask Questions related to your blog in Answer Sites like Yahoo Answers and Link to Your Blog in your questions.
16. Answer Questions in Yahoo Answers and Cite Your Blog as the Source.
17. Interlink to your blog and other posts on your blog when writing on your blog.
18. Comment on .edu, .gov sites, and get authoritative backlinks.
19. Write guest posts on .edu sites and get backlinks.
20. Post case studies on your blog or site, people usually love and link to case studies.
21. Cover any breaking news first and make your site the only site that first published the fresh news.
22. Implement News Jacking with catchy titles.
23. Get links by your college website’s resource section.
24. Ask the readers to share your Blog Post, if they like it.
25. Ask friends to link back to your site.
26. Create WordPress plugins and get high PR backlink from WordPress plugin directory.
27. Publish EBooks at Amazon. Establish yourself as an expert in your niche
28. Create Chrome and Firefox plugins.
29. Create Android Apps and release them on Google Playstore.
30. Create Android and iPhone app for your blog.
31. Create free WordPress, Blogger themes using Software like Artisteer or your own coding skills and include a link to your blog in the theme footer.
32. Submit Your Blog to Top Blogging directories (Again quality mattes here)
33. Write a mail to influencers who write on the same topic and encourage them to share it on social network. You don’t know how much one sweet email can make a huge difference.
34. Submit your blog to top niche directories
35. Network with other bloggers in your niche (Online and offline) and links will automatically follow you.
36. Submit your blog posts to all social bookmarking sites you know
37. Submit your blog to your top social networking sites
38. Submit your articles to StumbleUpon
39. Work on making your blog go viral on top social bookmarking sites, this alone can bring you tons of quality backlinks from authority sites.
40. Submit your RSS feed to feeder sites
41. Make use of press releases, and send press-release about important updates from your blog. You can alsobcompare best product in your niche and send a press-release on the same.
42. Submit your RSS feed to RSS directories.
43. Most forums have a website review forum, review your blog on this forums.
44. Build two blogs in your niche and interconnect them (Not recommended unless WHOIS and IP address is different)
45. Submit your blog to article submission directories.
46. Submit your blog or site to Craigslist
47. Submit logo to Logos directory and get backlinks from them.
48. Submit widgets to widgets directory and get backlinks.
49. Submit HTML or CSS code to respective directories and get easy backlinks.
50. Upload images to Flickr with Creative Common 2.0 attribution license.
51. Buy expired domains, which already have a huge number of backlinks pointing at them.
52. Bookmark your blog posts on various bookmarking sites like Reddit, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, etc.
53. Participate in communities like Warrior forums, Google communities and cite your blog as source.
54. Use Google Groups to answer users’ questions and link back.
55. Build a relationship with other top bloggers in your niche, so that theybmay link to you.
56. Submit your site to website feedback sites and get high PR backlinks.
57. Get your own Wikipedia site (If your blog is popular enough)
58. Conduct an interview with other top bloggers in your niche via Google Hangouts or Skype.
59. Make blog reviews, and ask others to review your blog.
60. Write controversial blog posts, that gives rise to comments and questions, and go viral.
61. Write list posts like 101 ways, 7 ways, top 7, etc. Readers love list posts, and they like to share them.
62. Submit your blog to DMOZ, to get high-quality backlinks. Make sure to submit your blog under the proper matching topic.
63. Offer giveaways and offers for commenters and readers of your blog.
64. Offer free downloads on your blog. People love the word “FREE”.
65. Start your own affiliate programs, so that your blog will promote virally with the help of visitors.
66. Submit your blog to Google news . Make sure to read their guidelines and TC. Because all blogs are not eligible for Google News.
67. Create a piece of audio, submit it to audio sharing sites, and get backlinks.
68. Give testimonials.
69. Release a software or compile your ebooks to .exe and submit them to top software sites like brothersoft
70. Convert your blog posts to pdf and submit it to document sharing sites.
71. Review top companies and products and they might link back to you.
72. Do a weekly link love post and link to many bloggers, they will most likely return the favor. Take advantage of outbound link SEO.
73. Ask top blogger to help you share your link on their favorite social networks and their fans will link to you.
74. Make use of web 2.0 sites to promote your blog.
75. Write Controversial posts.
76. Scoop your blog in magazine style at Scoop-it and get high PR backlinks.
77. Offer infographics with your credit at the footer to other bloggers.
78. Advertisements using AdWords and Facebook Ads.
79. Make use of broken links in Wikipedia and other sites and fix them with your high quality content. – Backlinko.
80. Find sites linking to the old resource and carry out Moving Man Method.
81. Write link bait posts.
82. Upload YouTube videos and place text tutorial link in the description.
83. Upload slides related to your blog post in Slideshare and include a link to your blog post.
84. Create How-To guides and PDFs on your niche.
85. Create Squidoo Lenses and link back to your blog, and earn money.
86. Start a forum. Ask forum members to introduce them and interact. People love if you ask them to introduce them, even I do.
87. Start a newsletter.
88. Conduct webinars and promote them.
89. Write a post comparing some top gurus in your niche.
90. Write a post featuring some upcoming bloggers and why you like them, they will most likely link to it.
91. Trade articles with other bloggers in your niche.
92. Write posts that have “the ultimate” in the title, each of these type of post I wrote got over 20 backlinks each.
93. Start a blogging contest and make linking to your blog one of the requirements.
94. Sponsor blogging contest and you will get a lot of backlinks from this.
95. Donate to charity sites, many of them will link back to your site.
96. Build a great tool and many people will link to your tool and your blog.
97. Contact your theme designer and tell them to use your website as an example in their portfolio, they will most likely include a link back to your blog.
98. Make the news at any cost.
99. Design a top bloggers award and give it to as many bloggers as you can in your niche, they will link back to you.
100. Blog about celebrities.
101. Render your services to top people in your niche.
102. Take note of newspapers and magazines that are willing to feature experts in many fields and try to write about your niche while linking back to your blog.
You don’t necessarily have to practice unethical marketing to make it online, the above are 101 (+2) ways to get quality backlinks to your blog.
Do share your tips to get sure shot quality backlinks?