So you want create a blog to that will boost your income or even replace your offline income streams? Here, you’ll learn how to set up your own blog within 30 minutes or less — even if you’re a complete newbie with no prior knowledge of HTML or other technical stuff.
All you have to do is read the detailed guide below and follow the steps to create your own WordPress blog Blogger blog. Within thirty minutes or thereabout..
Just follow the step by step that i will be telling here now
(1,)Choosing a domain name — Good blog names must unique and descriptive, so your audience will immediately know what your blog is about.
Another option is to simply use your own name. For example, Like Lindaikeji. You can also add your middle name or middle initial if you find your name is already taken.
Many of the top bloggers use their own name as their domain name. This has the added benefit of preventing someone else from registering your name, allowing you to secure your “virtual real estate”.
Once you have some blog name ideas you will need to choose a domain extension.
.com is the gold standard, but .net and .org work just as well.
You may find that the domain name you want is already taken you can try adding simple words like “the”, “a”, or “my” to the beginning of the name.
so check if your domin name is avaliable.
(2,)Choose blogging host platformA web host is a company that stores all of the files for your blog and delivers them to the user when they type in your domain name. You must have a web host in order to have a blog.
Choosing a bad host will doom your blog from the beginning. Users will be frustrated with slow page loading times and you may often find that your blog is simply not working at all.
I would like to recommend bluehost for you.
There are hundreds of different web hosts you can choose from, but my recommendation for your blog is BlueHost. In fact, I have use it to create many blogs and I have been very happy with BlueHost for many years now, and recommend them for all new bloggers because:They offer a free, simple installation of all the popular blogging tools, including WordPress (the one I recommend and show you how to use in this guide).
They have been recommended by WordPress since 2005 and currently host over 2 million websites.
They offer industry leading 24/7 customer service via phone, email, or web chat.They offer a money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason.
Because BlueHost is a top-quality web host they cost a bit more ($5.99 per month) than low-quality hosts. There is a way to get a discount though. Just use one of the BlueHost links in this guide and you can get BlueHost’s high-quality service for just $3.49 per month (for 36 months), including a free domain name.
The entire process of getting your blog setup and ready should only take you about 20 minutes. After that your blog will be online and ready for you to start blogging.
—Click here to get the special $3.49 per month rate on BlueHost then “Get Started”
—Select your plan. The basic plan is the one I recommend for new bloggers. Click “Select” to choose your plan.
–Type in your domain name in the left box and then click “next” to see if it is available..
If you already own a domain name and want to use it for your blog, type your existing domain in the right box and then click “next”. Only use the right box if you have previously paid to register a domain!
–If the domain is unavailable you will be given a list of similar domain names that are available. You can choose one of the suggested domains or type in another name to try.
–Once you have found an available domain name you will be taken to the registration page where you will put in all your billing details.
–You will also need to choose your hosting package and options.
.The 36 month package gets you the lowest monthly rate, while the 12 month package has a lower up-front cost. Either is a good choice.
.I uncheck the boxes next to the other products when I sign-up. You can always add these at a later time if you need them.
7. Once your account is setup (usually just a few minutes), you can login to your account by going to the BlueHost Homepage and clicking the login tab at the top. Enter in your domain name and the password you chose when registering.
8. Now that you have logged-in to your account control panel, we can install WordPress, which is the software you will use for your blog. First, close any pop-up windows. Then look under the “Website” heading and click the “Install WordPress” link.
You will now be automatically logged-in to Mojo Marketplace and taken to the WordPress install page. Click on the “Install” button to get started.
Select your domain and click “Check Domain”.
Check the “Show advanced options” box. Now you can enter in your site title, username, and password. These can be anything you want, and all of them except the username can be changed later. Make sure to write down your username and password so that you don’t forget them! When you are done, check the box to agree to the terms and then click “Install Now”
WordPress is now installing! This should just take a few minutes.
9. Once the installation has completed you can click “View Credentials” at the top of the page to see your login information. This info is only available for 12 hours, so make sure to write it down in a safe place!
You will also receive an email with your login information as soon as the installation finishes.
Login to your blog and start blogging
To gain access to your blog, you need to login to the back-end. To do this, simply open a new browser tab and enter the Login URL you were provided after your WordPress installation. The Login URL should look like http://yourblog.com/wp-admin.
Your blog’s login page will be displayed next. Enter your username and password in the spaces provided, then click “Login”.
For blogger this platform is for free, you don`t need to pay before you can start your blog
Setting up the blog now
1. Visit www.blogger.com.
2. If you already have an account with Google (such as a Gmail
account), enter your email and password in the columns
3. If you don’t have a Google account, click the red “sign
up” button (top right) to register an account first.
4. On the Confirm your profile page, you’ll see two tabs. Click on
the one by the right (Create a limited Blogger profile). An
empty column will pop up under for your display name. In this
column, enter the name you’d like to be displayed on your blog
and on your posts. (You can use your real name or a
5. Check the “feature announcements” box.
6. Click “continue to Blogger”. (You’ll be taken to the next page.)
7. On the next page (Your Name’s Blogs), click on “New blog”.
8. In the spaces provided, enter the title of your new blog and
your preferred URL address.
9. Choose a template from the displayed options to start with
10. Hit the “Create blog” button.
And that’s it! You now have your new blog. And you can start
blogging right away.
Click on the “start blogging” link, and you’ll be taken to
the Overview page.
On the left side of this page, there is a menu with a list of tabs —
Overview, Posts, Pages, Comments, etc.
Before I explain how to publish a new post, let me tell you more
about these tabs:
· Overview: displays summarized information about your blog –
– such as number of page views, comments, etc.
· Posts: displays your published posts as well as those saved as draft.
· Pages: displays your blog’s stand-alone pages — such
as About page, Contact page, etc.
· Comments: displays the comments left by readers on your
· Google+: displays your Google+ profile (if you have set it up).
· Stats: displays vital statistics about your blog, including
information about your traffic sources, audience, posts, etc.
· Earnings: displays your Google Adsense earnings (after you’ve
set up Adsense for your blog). Don’t tamper with this for now.
· Layout: displays your blog’s layout (you can modify this as you
· Template: displays your blog’s template.
Publishing your posts
To publish a new post on your blog, follow these steps:
1. Click the “New post” button (top left). (You’ll be taken to
another page, on which you’ll write your post title and body.)
2. Enter the topic of your blog post in the “Post title” field.
3. Write your post body in the large space created.
4. Using the appropriate buttons at the top of the large area,format your text (bold, underline, or italicize) and add links or
images (if you have any).
5. See the “post settings” tab by the right. Under it, you’ll see the
· Labels: Enter a category for your blog post
· Schedule: Choose “automatic” to publish the post instantly.
Or set another date and time of your choice (past or future) · Permalink: Set the URL for your post. (Choose “custom
permalink” to change it to anything you prefer.)
· Location: State your location (not necessary)
· Options: Specify if you want to allow your readers to leave
comments on the post.
Using the appropriate buttons by the top right, you can publish the
post to send it live, preview it before publishing, or save it for later
editing and publishing. If you’re ready to see your post live, hit
the “publish” button.
Now, following the steps listed in this post, set up your new blog..and let me see what you’ve got.
But i strongly recommend that you start your blogging on
WordPress, because even if you start with Blogger, you’ll have to
move to WordPress later.
Will we b discussing how to make money with your blog and how to get traffic to your blog on our coming post, So keep updating to get those post at your hand..And if you found this post helpful try to share it with your friend on social media